Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, June 16, 2014

Arizona Week 53 - Snowflake Day

Hey everyone,

The day has come. We are finally not sick…neither of us are ill to the point of confinement. For those of you that are keeping score at home that totaled 3 weeks that we could not work. In other words, half of this transfer was spent in the apartment. So, now we will endeavor to tell everyone that we are not dead yet and that we are still planning on visiting them on a regular basis. Many people were worried that we were not going to teach them anymore. Surprisingly, none of them thought to call us and ask; interesting.

Wednesday was spent in Snowflake. We had a zone conference that morning and then we went to the temple. After we left the temple we were going to go to dinner at Trappers, which is a pretty good restaurant. On the way, we saw that some of the Sisters had pulled onto a lot in town and had the hood up. So we (Elder Russell, Elder Stott, Elder Freckleton, and I) pulled in to check on them. The coolant was empty...and it had been filled up just a few hours previous. Well Elder Russell and I took off to find more coolant. This proved to be a difficult task because it was around 7 o' clock in the evening, meaning that everything was already closed for the night. Snowflake is a sleepy town I guess. We finally found the right kind at a gas station and returned with the coolant. A mechanic had arrived in the meantime and informed us the water pump was cracked and would drain the tank again. The sisters called the vehicle coordinator and he counseled them to leave the car there and travel home with the other sisters. So that's what they did and then we all went to dinner. I felt really bad for Elder Russell because that coolant was expensive. Then, someone paid for our dinner at Trappers. We don't know who, but I've gotten used to accepting the kindness of others when they want to be anonymous.

We are no longer allowed to help people with moving. The reason, you ask? Bed bugs. We have 3 or so companionships that are now unable to work for awhile because they have a bed bug infestation in their apartment. Bummer.

Transfers are coming up next week. I will probably be moving this time, so we'll see where I end up.

Hope you all had a good Father's Day. I know I ended up getting a lot of candy at church.

Love you all!


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment