Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Arizona Week 31 - Road Trip

Hey Everyone,

So, I'm sure I mentioned that we were going to have a special tri mission conference where the Apostle, Elder Holland was going to visit us. This was going to happen in Mesa, so we began the 4 hour drive on Friday afternoon planning to stay with missionaries down there. No sooner had we begun to leave than our zone leaders called to ask if we had a way to get there and to inform us that Elder Holland had been given a special assignment and would not be with us at the conference but would be replaced by Elder Wright of the Seventy. I know Elder Wright from the time I served in his ward in Mesa. I was, of course, disappointed that we would not see Elder Holland but I knew that Elder Wright would do a great job as well. 

The drive down went smoothly, and we arrived safely. We spent the night in my last apartment with good ol' Elder Davis. It was very fun. My companion spoke in a Dutch type accent for the night and fooled all the Elders in the apartment to thinking that he was from Holland. 

The meeting was wonderful. There were great testimonies shared and Elder Wright did a wonderful job. I felt bad for him because at one point he paused and said, "No one is more disappointed that Elder Holland isn't here...than me." You could tell that it was a shock to him when he was asked to fill in for an Apostle. I was able to see many of the missionaries from my MTC district that landed in the Mesa mission so that was a treat. 

The drive back went well also. We arrived late Saturday night and now it's back to work. I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Kirk

P.S. While they were gathered for the Mission Conference, they took a picture of the entire mission. Elder Kirk is in the back row in the center next to the elder in sunglasses.



No comments:

Post a Comment