Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Arizona Week 37- Oh, Happy Day

Hey everyone,

The rest of this past week has been pretty ordinary, just doing our thing. Nothing crazy exciting has happened but things have been going really well. I love the area I serve in, I love the missionaries in my District, and most importantly, I love my new companion. Everything in my life right now is very positive. That's why I gave this email the title that I did: I'm just happy.

The area we serve in is starting to grow in work. The members of the wards are telling us of friends that they want us to teach and helping us to find opportunities to serve and meet new people. 

Our District is great. The Missionaries in our district are hard workers and really passionate about the work. I believe that we will all get along really well (which is fairly rare) and that some great things are going to happen as we work together and teach one another.

Best of all, my new companion, Elder Freckleton, is awesome. The Lord blesses us with growth sometimes in ways that we cannot understand. I have been given the opportunity to grow through some of the companions that I have been placed with. In some instances, we would not see eye to eye and at times it was difficult for us as a companionship. I began to believe that this would be the main struggle for me in my mission. I did not like the thought that I would struggle with companions that the Lord had assigned me to serve with. I have learned many things from the companions that I have had, and on some occasions, I have learned that I was an answer to their prayers. However, at times, it has been tough for me. After our last transfer, I began to pray earnestly to have a companion that I could meet and immediately get along with. I wanted to be able to work well with him during the time that we were together. It has happened! The Lord has made Elder Freckleton and me companions. I had met him before; Boy, did we hit it off from the start! We get along so well, and we are able to still stay focused and work hard (which is apparently a common issue for companions that get along real well). Things with my companion are really good.

Over all, things are good and well. I am well. And every day is happy.

Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment