Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Arizona Week 77 - Thanksgiving

Hello Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope it went good for all of you. Ours was pretty good. We (fortunately) only had one family ask us over for dinner. It was really good, and I wasn't in as much pain as I was from the 3 dinners of last year. Well I suppose that we did also have a thanksgiving breakfast. That was really good too.

We had a really neat experience after the breakfast. We were walking back to the apartment when a woman walking the other direction asked us if we knew where the church was located. She explained that she had just moved here from Mississippi and after being baptized there, she hadn't been very active. We told her where the church was and gave her a pass along card with our phone number on it. As we got closer to home we realized that we had no information for her: no address, no phone number, we didn't even know her name. Well, Saturday came, and she called us. She said that the message on the card was really what she needed. She explained that she had come to Arizona to try and get her daughter and granddaughter off of drugs. We gave her the information she needed to set an appointment with the bishop so that he could help her with those things; and we got her name and phone number and address. We didn't make the same mistake twice. The neat part was that I was only carrying one of the pass along cards; I usually don't carry any.

We were also able to visit with the Krawczyk family on Monday. The mother is less active, the father and children are not members but they are now taking the lessons from us. They are a really fun family. Sister Krawczyk actually requested to have missionaries visit so that she could get active again and so her children could be part of the church as well as her husband.

A lot of good things are happening and this is a great time of year for missionary work. There is a new video that the church has launched called: He is the Gift. You can find it on cristmas.mormon.org It is a really well made video. I hope you will have the opportunity to check it out and show your friends. Good stuff.

Well Merry Christmas to you all (I can start saying that now). Hope you have a great week.


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment