Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, December 29, 2014

Arizona Week 81 - Caroling for Christmas

Hello Everyone,

I hope you all had a great Christmas. Ours went well. The Relief Society in our ward lived up to their name and gave us some toiletries and cleaning supplies for our apartment. I hate to say it, but it was timely. It all went to good use.

It's been another unusual week (which makes it hard to remember what happened). We've been very busy but have been finding good success. We went to teach a man that we had ran into a few weeks ago. I was a little surprised at how receptive he was. We had a really good lesson about the restoration of the Gospel and he is interesting and sincere.

On Christmas Eve, we went caroling with other missionaries in our zone. It was pretty fun and it really seemed to touch the hearts of the people we visited. It’s sad now that people are getting back to being cold and rude, but I suppose that I'm used to that by now.

I can't remember if in a previous email I mentioned that I ran into the first man that I taught and baptized on my mission. He and his wife will be going through the temple this coming month and getting sealed. The sealing will happen in the Gilbert Temple, and I got permission from President Sweeney to go out of the mission for that. I am very excited. 

The rest of the week was crazy and busy. Everyone seemed to be moving this week so we helped out with a lot of that. I'm hoping everything calms down pretty soon.

Happy New Year everyone!


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment