Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Arizona Week 82 - New Year

Hey Everyone,

Happy New Year!

It is such a relief to be done with all the holidays. The people we teach are coming back into town and everything is going back to normal.

The holidays were great though. We had a good New Years Eve. Our neighbor down stairs that had moved out said that we could break into her vacant apartment and take the couches that she had left.

Allow me to explain. About a month ago a member moved away, and they were going to throw away some couches. We said that we could give them to our downstairs neighbor who didn’t have couches. So they gave the couches to us to give to our downstairs neighbor. Now that the downstairs neighbor had moved out, she said that we could have the couches. It was pretty fun for me to pick the lock on the apartment because I got to use my lock picks on something other than a detached lock in my room. I got the lock open in less than 10 seconds. I know that when I have a place of my own that I will be buying much safer locks than you see on most homes.

New Years day we got together with another zone and played a ton of sports. It was pretty fun.

So last week we taught a guy that lives in a pretty rough neighborhood. He also looked like a pretty rough guy. Add to this that it was a drunk guy that told us to go see him. Not much for to go on for instilling confidence in the outcome of our visits. Well, last week we told him to read the beginning of The Book of Mormon up to 1 Nephi, Chapter 4. When we came by this past Saturday, he had read up to 1 Nephi, Chapter 8, and he knew what was going on. He had marked a few verses that he wanted to understand better. He told us that he "couldn't put it down." He said he reads it every night before going to bed, and he plans to read the whole book. To be honest, I was pretty surprised but also very happy. I expect that he will be joining the church through baptism in a month or so. Giving up smoking will probably be the hardest thing for him.

Well I hope you all have a great week.


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment