Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Arizona Week 84 - Temple

Hey everyone,

This week was just the usual for most of it. The people we are teaching are making great progress. The Krawczyck family came to church for the second week in a row.

We set a baptismal date with another man we are teaching for the 28th of February.

Our investigator, Anthony, is still reading the Book of Mormon and is almost into 2 Nephi. He's is a really special guy that has a good heart. I hope that he will be baptized while we are here.

The highlight of the week was going to the temple with Harry Cruegar for his endowment. It was an interesting experience. It's been almost 2 years since I served in that area. Most everyone there had not the slightest idea of who I was. Most of them had forgotten and the ones that did remember me took a little time and some hints to recall. But that didn't matter because as I walked into the Celestial Room, I saw my friend, Harry, with tears in his eyes and the biggest smile I've ever seen on him. As I gave him a hug I was filled with joy. That is what it is all about: Gathering to the temple and receiving the ordinances and covenants that the Lord has for those who are worthy. I'm very excited to attend his sealing to his wife in the near future. For me, there isn't anything better than seeing someone that I helped bring into the gospel standing there in the temple of God.

That's all I have to share this week. I hope you all are doing well.


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment