Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, January 12, 2015

Arizona Week 83 - Rats

Hey Everyone,

This was a fairly slow week, but we still had some good things happen.

This week we had a Zone Training Meeting. Elder Jacobson and I performed a vocal/guitar/ukulele duet of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. It went pretty well.



Also this week, I was able to attend a baptism from my last area for a man that I taught. There were a lot of missionaries there (he had been taught for a long time) but it went very well.








The Krawczyck family came to church this week. It was good to have them there and people were friendly to them.

A funny experience we had: So we were riding along on our bikes and we saw a little end table chilling on someone's lawn with a sign that said, "free." Now the dilemma begins: "How do we get this thing home?" Well we locked up the bikes (it's starting to rain by the way) and picked it up and walked about 2 blocks to the church and stashed it there so that we can pick it up later with the zone leaders. Pretty smart I thought. We must have looked pretty silly though. Anyway, we got there and the Spanish elders' car was there (not the Spanish elders we live with but other ones). Well, we decided to scare them, because that's what we do. So, we snuck over to the part of the church that they were at and slammed a door and flickered some lights and dropped a hymn book and scratched and banged on the walls near the chapel. Then we went and sat on one of the pews that (for some reason) was right behind a little wall that completely blocked the view of the pulpit. Dumb. Well now the elders were walking around with a flashlight whispering to each other. We waited for them to get close and then we screamed. I just wish that I could have seen their faces.  But we all laughed and went back to work.

Then this morning while we were shopping at Walmart, a drunk Native American man came and talked to us. He had peed himself. He was wearing sweats so you could see very definitive urine mark on the crotch area. Yuck. We gave him a pamphlet on the Word of Wisdom.

Not much else happened. We've been trying to contact our referrals like crazy but we keep getting more. We can't keep up with it.

Anyway, have a great week everyone!


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment