Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, November 11, 2013

Arizona Week 22 - Consecration

Hey everyone,

This week we had a zone training meeting and our zone leaders introduced a new idea to the zone. They had already counseled together with Elder Van Meeteren and me about it, and we were very excited. They talked about being "consecrated missionaries" as it is mentioned in the talk "becoming a consecrated missionary" by Elder Callister. They concluded that everyone wants to be a consecrated missionary but it is a hard thing to tackle on one's own. They pitched the idea of a "consecration week". Seven days where everyone in the zone will help and encourage one another to be consecrated and giving all their time and energy to the Lord and His work. 

To open the week, we had a little ceremony where we had a "consecration box" and everyone took turns placing things that they would not use into the box. A few hobby items were placed in such as knitting materials and puzzles. Unapproved articles of clothing like boots were put in. Music and movies that don't meet the standards were put in and many slips of paper describing specific actions or behaviors that missionaries would avoid made it into the box. Then I went up. I placed in the box the activity of making videos with my apartment mates because it has become a time wasting distraction. I also put in my lock-picking utensils. That caught everyone off guard. Those that were not paying attention suddenly looked up with puzzled looks on their faces. This includes a visitor that we had; the man in charge of all the keys to facilities in the stake...So, thus I consecrated my homemade lock-picking things for the week.

On a more serious note, the consecration week is bringing great miracles to everyone who is fully participating. The first official day, Elder Watson and I extended 2 baptismal invites that were accepted and set for specific days. We taught many people, and we are seeing great progress in all of them. We are so pleased with how everything is going. We are finding new people to teach all the time. 

Things are going well for me, and I'm happy to be serving and to be consecrating myself and everything I have to the Lord. I love you all and pray for you.

Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment