Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, November 4, 2013

Arizona Week 21 - Exchanges

Hey everybody,

I had a good week. Our ward had a Halloween party that was HUGE. It was crazy. We put fliers advertising it on everyone's door and many people came to it. 

I went with Elder Van Meeteren to a hand therapist for an appointment...I didn't even know that there was such thing as a "hand therapist". It was pretty funny. We got there and there were a bunch of machines for all the different types of physical therapies. I leaned over to him and said, "I bet they'll put you in a corner somewhere, and you'll use a tiny little machine that could fit in a large fast food cup." And that's exactly what happened. We were having a good time and joking around as usual. 

I conducting my first District Meeting ever and it went pretty well. I had others tell me that it was one of the most spiritual District Meetings they've attended in a while so that was nice to hear. 

I went on exchanges with our Zone Leaders so Elder Krueger was with me for the day to evaluate how I'm doing as a missionary and as a District Leader. It was a great experience. I began to realize some important principles about obedience. We are counseled to talk to everyone we can, and I've tried to do that a few times before, but I never saw success from it so I stopped. With Elder Krueger, we did talk to everyone and, although no one we talked to listened, we had other people approach us later in the day. For almost every person we talked to, another person came to us. I realized that obedience does not always bring blessings by way of the act; the obedience itself is what brings the blessing. Showing the Lord that you are willing to do all the He asks of you is what invites the Spirit into your actions and you are blessed for it. This is something that I am grateful to have learned early in my mission. 

I also will have the opportunity to conduct companion exchanges with the Elders in my District, and I'm looking forward to that privilege and opportunity. 


I hope you all had a good Halloween and that things are going well for you and your families. I love you all.

Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment