Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Arizona Week 40 - The Strength of Youth

Hey Everyone,

It's been a good week. For me, I think the best weeks are when we struggle to get anything done for the first day or two and then everything falls into place toward the end. It makes me more grateful for success I suppose.

This week, we had a lesson with a lady that went really well. We read Alma chapter 32 with her and (I love this) she had a pencil out to highlight things and take notes. She was really pleased that in the chapter it said to "experiment" or to try the things that are learned. She was very happy to hear that questions are encouraged in the church. She had a sad experience with the Nazarene church: she was asked to not come to their Bible study because she asked too many questions. We are really happy that we get to work with her.

This Sunday, we got to teach all of the youth in one of our wards during Sunday School. We were asked to teach them about missionary work and to encourage them to invite a friend to an upcoming fireside in April. It was SOOO much fun teaching them. I wasn't sure how well we would do (we aren't used to teaching so many young people at once) but it went really well. We were able to keep them interested pretty much the whole time, and they were participating. We get to teach the other ward's youth this coming Sunday so hopefully that will go just as well. The youth of the church are really fantastic. They are much more prepared to serve missions than I ever was. It gives me a lot of hope for the future as I interact with them.

Spring break is getting started and since Pinetop is a sort of vacation spot anyway we have about as many people visiting as we do people that are out-of-town. Haha

Things are going very well here. We have zone conference coming up and a visit from the church's mission department soon. We're hoping that they bring the iPads with them. The pattern shows that when they visit, iPads follow close behind.

I love you all and I pray for you. Hope you have a great week.

Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment