Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, April 7, 2014

Arizona Week 43 - Ice Cave

Hey everyone,

So we went on our hike last Monday. The scenery was really pretty and we were hoping to see the "ice cave"...yeah, we didn't find it. We learned later that it is actually just a lava tube...and it's fenced off. But we still had a good hike. 

We had a family that came to the stake center to watch conference with us and that was very exciting. We weren't able to catch them afterward to talk to them, but we'll see them tonight or tomorrow and see how they liked it.

Conference was awesome. I really enjoyed all the messages that were shared. I feel that, in essence, many of them were saying that it is time to decide where you stand and if it be on the Lord's side to be there always. It is evident that the time is now to truly decide who we will be.

We volunteered some of our time at "The Love Kitchen". It's a place for the homeless and needy to get a meal prepared for them. We had the privilege of driving to Wal-Mart to pick up the food supply. It was a new experience to be in the warehouse portion of a Wal-Mart. We plan to go and help there again. They are wonderful charitable people, and we believe that there could be one that would accept the restored gospel. 

So, today is arts and crafts day for us. We are going to make tomahawks with a Pima man, then we are going to work on cleaning a skull we found. After that, we're hoping to find some antlers on a hike. Wait, I’m not done, then we're going to make pens with one of the Bishop's. It will be a busy, busy day but it is going to be fun.

I hope you all took the opportunity to view General Conference and to learn from their messages. I also hope that you will take the Prophet's invitation to study the talks again once they are available. I know that great happiness can come as we heed the Prophet's counsel and especially as we study the words of our leaders. I love you all and wish the best for you.

Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment