Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Arizona Week 42 - Family History

Hey everyone,

This week was transfers. My companion and I are both staying here. In fact, most of the Show Low zone is staying. Only 4 people got transferred. Kind of unusual.

The week has been good though. We are still very busy, but we have been able to find time to familiarize ourselves with family history and the family search website. We learned a trick for finding names that are ready for temple ordinances from a man in the ward. In 3 short hours, (total time from different occasions) I have found 120 or so names ready for ordinances. This trick involves following a line back a number of generations, beginning at their tree and following lines down their posterity until one is found that is ready for ordinances in the temple. It's a neat trick and very enjoyable.
 I don't recall many specifics from this week but I did discover that the new banner photo on the missions blog (the one at the very top) is a photo of the sunset that I took on a hike.

We plan to go hiking today so I'll try to take some pictures to send next week. I'll also attach photos from some exploring we did last week.

Several people asked if I was able to finish the large burrito from my last post. We had eaten a late lunch that day and took an early dinner. Under the right circumstances, I could have easily done it, but I saved some for the next day and left the restaurant comfortably full. 

However, let me tell you of another story. When a single sister in the ward brought KFC to Elder Burggraaf and me. It was a standard bucket, 2 large mashed potatoes, and 6 biscuits. Well, I learned that he doesn't like KFC chicken....So attached is me with the bucket that I ate entirely myself that very day in a little less than 45 minutes. So yes, I do believe that with a little effort I could have done the whole burrito.



Love you all,

Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment