Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Arizona Week 44 - Is it Lawful to do Good on the Sabbath?

Hey everyone,

This week has gone well. We used a technique that President Sweeney introduced to the mission called a "Miracle Window". The essence of it is that you plan for an hour or so of time when you covenant with the Lord to be in a certain place and to talk to everyone that you see. 

Well our area is not known for having people gathered in public places. People don't just walk around in Pinetop. We figured that our best bet would be in the neighborhoods of McNary (The town on the reservation that we cover). So, that's what we did, for an hour. We spoke to 5 people. Four of these people agree to hear a brief message, which we shared, and also a time for us to return. It was really neat to see how that worked, especially in our area.

It's yard sale season here. We must have seen 7 or so yard sales on Saturday. We sometimes stop at them to talk to the people there and see if they will hear our message. We stopped at one and starting looking around hoping to speak to the owner...he didn't give us chance to though and his shirt was a little inappropriate. But, we made a good find there. He offered to sell it for $8 but this wasn't my first rodeo, so I talked him down to $5. Here is a picture of me with the item.

Sunday came around and as we were preparing for a morning meeting we received a call asking if we could help a family move that morning around 10:30 or so. We figured, why not? So, we finished getting ready and went to our meeting. We attended the Sacrament meeting of one of our wards then, went home and changed. We helped the family move, went back home and got back into suits, and then went back to church. It is something I felt the Savior would do, and I am almost, almost certain that the prophet has done something similar. 

We were also able to attend a fireside for the youth of two stakes. It was wonderful to hear their testimonies and see their strength. It has been an enjoyable week.





I hope you remember me talking about finding a skull last week. It was a cow skull. Here is a picture of me boiling the skull and a picture of it hanging out to dry.




Until next week,

Love you all,

Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment