Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, May 19, 2014

Arizona Week 49 - A Little Worse for Wear

Hey Everyone,

This week has been a physically taxing one. We have done a lot of service. In addition to Tuesday, when we went to the Love Kitchen, they asked us to help again on Friday because a last minute, no prior notice truck was going to be delivering a surplus of food. Ten pallets of food showed up. They emptied the whole trailer. And who was there to help? That’s right…just us and one other guy (everyone else had to do the kitchen stuff). So, the Love Kitchen received 4 pallets of bread and baked good, 3 pallets of cantaloupe, 1 pallet of tomatoes, 1 pallet of massive bags of tiny onions, and 1 pallet of 50 lb. bags of potatoes. That's a lot. From 8:30, when we got there, to 2:00, when we left, I sat down a total of zero times. This took a major toll on my lower back but sacrifice does not go without blessing. We now have one of the 50 lb bags of potatoes, 2 cakes, a tray of brownies, another tray of rolls, a bunch of pop tarts, some meat in the freezer, a lasagna, some frozen yogurt, as many English muffins as you can imagine and about 27 cantaloupes. Yum.

We went to the temple again this week with the youth of our other ward. This time, the names that we did ordinances for were ones that we brought. When I counted it up, there were 143 relatives of mine that were baptized and confirmed.

On top of being in much pain my companion also became ill yesterday, so we are both a little hindered in our work. Thankfully, we have today to rest and become ready for our labors. We were going to go fishing today with a man we are trying to get back to church, but we don't have enough money for the fishing license haha. Maybe at the beginning of a month we would be able to afford it. 

Things here are going well. One of our wards has a new bishopric as of yesterday. 

This Thursday will mark 1 year that I have been on my mission. It's pretty exciting and somewhat hard to believe.

I hope you all have a great week.


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment