Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Arizona Week 50 - Hump Day and slow week

Hey everyone!

Thursday was my mission Hump Day! It’s one year in the field for me. We traveled up to Vernon so that my MTC buddy and I could do our ceremonial one-year shirt burning. Many missionaries do this at their one year mark. We also were able to have a little barbeque with the same MTC elder.

You may be able to see my cool BBQ apron. It was a Christmas gift from my Aunt Keri. It has my name on it missionary name tag style.


The whole rest of the week was spent at home...my companion got sick last Sunday and was sick the rest of the week. He is able to go out and work now though so things are a bit better. 

During the several days that we stayed home, I was able to clean and organize the whole apartment, sew together some curtains, finish reading 3 books (two of which I began and finished this week), and some other little projects here and there. 


For missionary work this week we were able to set a date for baptism with a man that has been looking into the church for about 18 years. His wife is a member of the church and his granddaughter got baptized in January. He is a very faithful man, and we are very excited for him. The best part for him is that he asked if the song "A Little Talk with Jesus" by Elvis Presley could be sung at his baptism and the Bishop approved it!

More will happen this week. I hope you all had a good Memorial Day.


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment