Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, September 29, 2014

Arizona Week 68 - Noah's Bicycle

Hello Everyone,

We had a great week: I got a 15 dollar suit from a thrift store that fits perfect, an investigator couple is going to get married soon so they can be baptized, we had the primary program, and Mesa was blessed with a lot of rain.

We're teaching a family of 8 that really loves the church. The parents aren't married yet, but we taught them the law of chastity lesson, and they are thinking of marriage so that they can get baptized. Their kids sang in the Primary program this week and the whole ward loves this family.

Speaking of the Primary Program, it was so cute. We had 8 investigators there and about 4 other nonmembers there for the first time. They all loved it. The kids did a great job and the spirit was in their words. One young boy had a short line to speak and when he had finished a small child in the congregation said very audibly, "Is that it?!"

Also it rained…a lot. We got drenched. There was a lot of flooding on the roads. Undaunted, we hopped on our bicycles and rode through the floods while the rest of the world perished in the floods. One intersection had so much water that it was half covering our bikes as we rode through them. This means that all of our pedaling was done under the water level. My shoes still have not dried all the way.

We are very busy. There are so many people to teach, and we find more each week. This is a good ward for missionary work. The Phoenix Temple Open House starts next week, and we are excited to take people there.

Also, next week, Meet the Mormons comes out in select theaters. It is a full length film that tells the story of 6 LDS families living throughout the world. We will view it tomorrow so next week I can tell you more about it. But I highly recommend that you go to see it if you are able to and that you tell others about it. I have heard great things about it already, and I know that it will help a lot of people to get to know who we are.

I hope you all have a great week.

Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment