Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, October 6, 2014

Arizona Week 69 - Meet the Mormons

Hey everyone,

I know that I briefly mentioned Meet the Mormons last week but now that I have seen it I have a lot more to say. It was awesome! I hope that you can all go and see it. It is very inspiring. It helps to show what kind of lives we as members of the church lead. And it is not just here in the US but around the world. Tell your friends about it too.

I don't have a lot of time to write today, but I do want to share one funny story: We had an appointment with a recent convert that (because of past substance abuse) is not all together in his mind. On top of that, at the time of our visit, he was very tired. We could not understand a word that he said the whole night, and he kept falling asleep. All the while he was having great difficulty opening an Activia yogurt. It seriously took him 15 minutes. When he finally got it open, he started to eat it by just sticking his mouth in it. So, yogurt was all over his face as I was trying to share a scripture. Then, I begin explaining the verse that I read and he started falling asleep again but this time the yogurt fell out of his hand and landed upside down on his lap. At this point, we couldn’t stand it any longer; we lost it. Our laughter led us to tears. We left. I don't think I've laughed harder many times in my life.

That's all I got for this week.

Elder Kirk
                           Happy Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment