Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Arizona Week 90 - Fairwell

Hello Everyone,

This was a pretty eventful week.

On Saturday, Cole Krawczyk got baptized! It was a really nice service. His mother, who is returning to the church after years of inactivity, spoke on baptism and did a wonderful job. The decorations were very nice and there were refreshments that were all color coordinated. She went all out with this baptism. It was a great way to finish our service in that ward.

Then on Sunday night, we took Elder Jacobson to the mission office. When and elder is leaving the mission, they have a dinner which includes all the missionaries that are finishing their missions. Following dinner, they have a family home evening of sorts. Typically, I would have just dropped Elder Jacobson off and leave but the mission president's wife likes to make up little reasons to give me perks. This time, her reason was for me to help out the mission secretary with pictures that were to be given to the departing missionaries. After a few minutes it was easy to see that she didn't really need my help at all, and I was then told to go to the dinner and the family home evening. It was nice of them to let me go to the special evening and be able to say goodbye to Elder Jacobson. 

On Tuesday, we had our transfer meeting. I have been transferred to Payson to be companions with Elder Watts. He is from Salt Lake. It seems to me that we will get along nicely. We have a nice apartment for the two of us, and we have a car. I'm excited to serve here. I truly prefer the more rural mountain areas rather than the busy cities in the valley. So today I'll just be settling in and getting to know the area. My camera is still packed, but I'll send pictures next week.


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment