Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, March 16, 2015

Arizona Week 92 - Getting Familiar

Hello Everyone,

We had a good week. I'm starting to know the area better, and I'm remembering names. We had some good lessons this week and quite a bit has happened.

On Tuesday, we went to the temple as a zone. As these trips happen once every quarter I realized that this particular temple trip will be the last one of my mission. Afterward, we had a zone meeting that started much later than planned and went much longer than planned and threw everyone's schedules for the remainder of the evening. But that happens most of the time. 

We had a really nice lesson with Laurie. This was the first time I had met her. She grew up very active in the Catholic Church and has deep family roots in Catholicism. She's been reading the Book of Mormon and is really enjoying it but she is afraid of joining because of how her family would react; which is understandable. We've been taking members and recent converts that had Catholic backgrounds with us to our lessons with her. They have been a great help. This week we took Sister Romero. She answered many questions for Laurie about what it was like to convert and how her family reacted. At the end, Sister Romero gave her a copy of Our Search for Happiness by M. Russell Ballard. She shared that the book answered many of her questions and ultimately helped her make the decision to be baptized. It was really nice of her to do that, and we hope that this will help in Laurie's decision.

We had an exchange on Saturday so Elder Cox was with us. It was a pretty good day. We helped out at the garden again. I got sun burnt again, but we met a lot of great people and are really making a name for ourselves. People know us and know of our kindness. It's a lot of fun. And President Sweeney is really pleased with the results that we are already seeing and encourages us to continue. 

I'm really enjoying Payson. It's a neat little town.

I remembered my camera today so I'll attach some pictures.

Hope you all have a great week.


Elder Kirk



































No comments:

Post a Comment