Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, March 9, 2015

Arizona Week 91 - Service for Days

Hello Everyone,

This week was pretty busy, not so much with teaching, but with serving. At the end of the week we had spent a total of 18 hours in service. We helped with getting a load of firewood, cleaning out someone's home, and assisting at the community garden. Now we have burnt necks, which are really quite painful when they rub against a shirt collar.

So, we helped a man named Steve and his wife, Mardean, clean out the home that they are moving into. It was her mother’s home, and she passed away. There was a good amount of clutter that needed to be organized or thrown away. We went over a couple times this week to help out. They are a great couple, very kind. They actually gave us a couch that they didn't need so that we could have one in our apartment.

Well, the last time that we were over there we invited them to church. They were happy for the invitation. They said that they had talked about going but weren't sure if that was allowed. They told us that they would be going this upcoming Sunday, so we are going to visit them this week to tell them about what to expect. 

We've been working with a couple other families as well (I'm still trying to learn everyone's name). So far I love this area, and I'm really excited to be serving here. 

That's all I have for this week. Take care.

Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment