Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Arizona Week 95 - An Unexpected Journey

Hello Everyone,

If you're a fan of The Hobbit then you should understand the title of my email. I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm a fan of The Hobbit, but I thought it was an appropriate title for the email and a fun connection to pop culture. It might not be as funny now that I spent a paragraph explaining it though. Oh well.

Anyway, as the title suggests, I have taken an unexpected journey. I fully expected to finish my mission in Payson but the Lord has different plans. I have been transferred to St. Johns Arizona a little bit farther up the mountain to spend my last transfer. I already love it!

My companion, Elder Peters, has been filling me in on the area and it sounds great.  Elder Peters is from Minnesota. There are a lot of people preparing for baptism and the members here are just wonderful. I think that we will get a lot of work done and have a great time.

Apparently we get to do a ton of service, not the standard moving or yard work, but like things with cattle and ranch stuff. I’m excited to get started.

We live in a house (yes an actual house) with two other elders that serve in town. The next closest missionaries are in the neighboring town of Concho. It is very laid back, which I like, and the members love missionaries. 

I'm hoping to have some fun stories to share over the next few weeks. For now, I send my love and my best wishes to all of you.

Love,


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment