Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, April 27, 2015

Arizona Week 98 - Baptism

Added by Elder Kirk’s Mom:

Elder Kirk has been made a District leader, which he won’t tell you because he is modest. In essence,district leaders have many responsibilities such as supervising, teaching and inspiring the missionaries in his district, planning and conducting weekly meetings, interviewing baptismal candidates and generally looking after the well being of the missionaries of his stewardship.” [http://mormonmission.blogspot.com/2008/12/district-leaders-and-sister-leaders-on.html]

Hello Everyone,

I was able to spend a day with the Elders in Concho this past week. I thought that St. Johns was a small town....Concho definitely is. The Elders there are doing really well. The members of their branch love them and are always excited to see them. That is pleasing for me to see. This week I'll be spending the day with the other elders in St. Johns. They seem to be having some difficulties, so I hope that I can learn more about their situation.

There was a baptism on Saturday in one of our wards. The woman that was baptized was taught by the senior couple serving here. The senior couple was so excited and happy about their first baptism on their mission! The woman that they baptized is a wonderful lady. Her daughter had joined the church some 30 years ago and served a mission for the church. The daughter's husband is in the bishopric, and they have been raising their children in the church. The joy that this sister felt to witness the baptism of her own mother was apparent in her face and in the words that she spoke the following day in Sacrament meeting.

That was pretty much my week. The weeks are getting shorter and shorter. On the 19th they'll be training us on ipads. Just in time for me to go home haha.

Have a great week everyone,


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment