Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Arizona Week 61 - The Fixer

Hey everyone,

I’m still adjusting to my new assignment. It's going to be a tough one. It turns out that I am a fixer. I am sent to areas that need extra help. This area has no missionary work happening right now; the members have a bad taste in their mouths from previous missionaries and it's my job to change that.

My companion, Elder Riggs, knows American Sign Language (ASL) and is here to interpret the meetings into ASL for the 2 deaf men in the ward. It is already making a big difference in the lives of these two men. They are very happy to have him here and to be able to really learn what is being taught in church.

Our Ward Mission Leader is really awesome. He got back from his mission maybe 2 years ago or so. He was just recently called  to the position of Ward Mission Leader, so together we are going to remake the missionary work in this ward.

I still don't have any funny or inspiring stories; just getting lost a lot, on a bicycle, in the heat. Hopefully we can get things to work out. 

I think that is all I have for this week. Take care everyone.


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment