Elder Devin Kirk

Elder Devin Kirk
I am blessed to be the messenger that is permitted to bring this joyful message to those who are in great need. I have authorization from our Savior, Jesus Christ, to represent Him in this part of the world. I am given the ability to work miracles in the lives of the people. I am guided by His Spirit in all that I do and say. I am given power to testify boldly to all who will listen that Jesus is the Christ and that He has restored His Gospel in these days and that all can be forgiven and receive the blessings of living this Gospel. I cannot begin to express the gratitude I have to be called to this position and be blessed with this assignment.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Arizona Week 63 - All We Can Do

Hey Everyone,

I have a couple things from this week.

I got sick this week. Monday night we got home and my stomach was a little upset. The next morning wasn't any better. Then throughout that day (Tuesday) I was getting really nauseous and dizzy. I finally threw up. We stayed in that day and Wednesday until dinner. So from Monday night until Wednesday night I did not eat. I'm feeling better now though.

Then, on Saturday the air conditioning (AC) went out. It was very hot, and you can imagine the smell of having 6 Elders in there. It was bad. So, we prayed before going to bed and the AC came back on. That was quite a blessing; a miracle even. We would not have slept well with the 100 degree apartment.

On Saturday I got a call from the first counselor in the bishopric. One of the speakers for that Sunday had cancelled and he asked if I could fill in. I always enjoy opportunities to speak while on a mission. It's a great opportunity to help everyone see the missionaries and hear what we are about.

Also on Sunday, one of the deaf men in the branch spoke, or rather signed, and Elder Riggs spoke for the man as he signed. I also had the opportunity to pass that sacrament.

After Sacrament Meeting we were both asked to speak to the 17 yr old class about how we teach people about marriage. It was a lot to do but we always like being involved in the ward.

I think that is all I have for this week. Hope you all have a good Labor Day weekend.


Elder Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment